Earnings season is winding down but there are still over 200 companies expected to report this week, including some of the “star” technology companies and retailers.
One of the tech companies has been among the hottest stocks on Wall Street the last two years, but shares have cooled a bit in 2018.
These 5 big cap companies also have strong earnings surprise beat records. It’s not easy to beat nearly every quarter for years at a time. Can they do it again?
5 Big Cap Earnings Charts to Watch This Week
1. Cisco CSCO hasn’t missed since 2015. It has a great earnings surprise track record. Shares are up 13.5% year-to-date, just barely outpacing the NASDAQ which is up 12.5% during that same period. Cisco is one of the few value big cap technology stocks, with a forward P/E of just 15.
2. JD.com JD has missed two quarters in a row. Shares are down 22% year-to-date on worries about Chinese trade and tariff issues. Could this be a buying opportunity?
3. Applied Materials AMAT has beat every quarter since Zacks data began in 2015. That’s an impressive record. The semiconductor industry has had a tough 2018. Applied Material shares are down 8.6% year-to-date. Will this report reassure investors?
4. Nvidia NVDA has only missed once since 2015. Shares have been soaring, gaining 318% over the last 2 years and another 30% in 2018. Every quarter I ask if it’s priced for perfection, so I’ll ask again. Will it beat expectations once again?
5. Deere & Company DE had a 5-year perfect earnings track record until last quarter when it suddenly missed. All good streaks come to an end at some point. Shares have retreated in 2018, falling 13%, on worries about the impact of the tariffs and trade war on business. Investors will want to tune into this conference call to get the latest update.
Today's Stocks from Zacks' Hottest Strategies
It's hard to believe, even for us at Zacks. But while the market gained +21.9% in 2017, our top stock-picking screens have returned +115.0%, +109.3%, +104.9%, +98.6%, and +67.1%.
And this outperformance has not just been a recent phenomenon. Over the years it has been remarkably consistent. From 2000 – 2017, the composite yearly average gain for these strategies has beaten the market more than 19X over. Maybe even more remarkable is the fact that we're willing to share their latest stocks with you without cost or obligation.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO): Free Stock Analysis Report
JD.com, Inc. (JD): Free Stock Analysis Report
Deere & Company (DE): Free Stock Analysis Report
NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): Free Stock Analysis Report
Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research
Zacks Investment Research – All Commentary Articles